Queenstown Park Boutique Hotel is the perfect base from which to enjoy your holiday and explore the Southern Lakes region, one of the most diverse areas in the world. Here you will find some of the must-do scenic drives and short day trips in the South Island. From rugged mountains, to a wild and deserted coastline, golden hill country, to crystal alpine lakes, discover this breathtakingly beautiful region at your own pace.
Your team at Queenstown Park can also provide advice and recommendations on attractions and excursions in the region. All reservations can be made on your behalf, with pick-up directly from the hotel.
Whatever your passion or interest we will find the best service providers in the region and can take care of all arrangements and bookings for you. The images on this page show our team members experiencing what the region has to offer, and others depict our guests’ experiences which they now wish to share with you …
Combined with excellent dining and wine, Queenstown is well known for its staggering beauty and heart pumping thrills activities. Whether your visit is all about ‘adventure’ or ‘magnificent landscapes’ the list below is a summary of our guest preferences:
Soak up the Scenery …
- Coach to Milford Sound and Doubtful Sound
- Self-drive to Glenorchy and Arrowtown
- Wine tours through the Gibbston Valley and Bannockburn
- Cycle throughout the Queenstown Trails network
- Ride the Gondola up Bobs Peak for a unique view of Queenstown
- Experience a thrilling quad bike ride in the Queenstown hills
- Discover undisturbed and stunning scenery on a wilderness guided walk
- Indulge in a relaxing soak in your own private hot tub at Onsen Hot Pools, taking in the spectacular alpine views
- Enjoy a day on the slopes on one of four world class Queenstown ski fields – choose from Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, Cardrona or Treble Cone
In the air …
- Fly fixed-wind or helicopter to Milford Sound with a glacier landing
- Paragliding and skydiving
- Bungy jump; The Nevis, Kawarau Bridge or The Ledge
- Shotover Canyon Swing
On the water ….
- Cruising Lake Wakatipu
- Jet boating or Rafting the Shotover and Kawarau Rivers
- Funyaks and jet boat the Dart River from Glenorchy